Thursday, June 25, 2009

'Cat'astrophy !!!

Getting ready in the morning has always been a rush affair for me. It doesnt matter how early I get up. I always end up running hither and thither and just about manage to catch my bus. (Alas !). Anyway, today was no exception. But guess what I should see in the hall while eating carrots, combing hair and searching for my mobile (yes, all at the same time)?!? Horrors of horrors...A FAT BROWN CAT !!! It sprang behind the TV and managed to slide out through the front door. I was aghast !!! The feline species have not forgiven me. Everytime they HAVE to appear in the most unexpected of places, in the most unexpected of moments and make my heart jump out of my body, hit the opposite wall and jump back in just in time to save my life.

This reminds me of a nightmarish early morning in college. I was in my third year and it was summer. We all slept with our balcony doors open in our respective rooms in hostel. I was in good sleep when I suddenly woke up having a feeling I was not alone in that room. I was not wrong. Yes, a thin black cat with green eyes was sitting right next to me on my bed. Then two things happened in a single instant - I had my first attack of paralysis, it had its first experience of being PT Usha's feline counterpart(atleast I think so) - in short, it jumped past me out of the window and disappeared into the darkness in lightning speed.

All said and done, I am not so much of an animal lover. My love for animals extends only to the point where I can manage to not hate them and can manage to not interfere in their existence. My sincere prayer to all the feline, cannine, whatever-ine species of the world (though they cannot read this) - " Please stay away from me. Good fences make good neighbours :- "

3 comments:

Paviths said...

Lol ! :D I can SO relate! i always seem to think that these feline/canine species(especially dogs) perfectly know our weak heartedness and still derive some sadistic pleasure in scaring the wits out of us!huh !

KB said...

Seriously !! I mean - Dogs in Bangalore "dog" you around just to have fun and I have experienced that. It is so annoying. As you said, they somehow find out you are terrified of them. Whew !

KSN said...

I would be really happy to see the brooding face of yours when I put you in a room filled with all the fauna in the world(exclude the wild).