Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Word "Power" !.

A dear friend very recently spoke a few wonderful words to me ...

"Happiness and strength lie within you. Do not look for them outside. Find the strength you need within yourself. So don't feel awful when situations turn topsy- turvy, instead just get simply awesome because that is what you really ARE".

The last sentence, especially, continued to resonate and reverberate in my head long long after I heard it. It also reminded me of the power of words. The right words, spoken at the right time can create magic. The other day, after a really long time, S and I found some time to relax with some soulful music. This was very important for us because we were both feeling an inner urge to relax and slow down for a while, some welcome respite from our otherwise super hectic and tiresome days. One of the songs said -

"Ek Khushboo Aayi thi, Main Bhataktaa Jaata Tha,
Reshmi Si Maya thi, Me Thaktaa Jaata Tha,
Jab Teri Gali Aaya, Sach Tabhi Nazar Aaya,
Mujhme hi Wo Khushboo Thi, Jise Tu ne Milvaaya"

(Meaning: I smelt a fragrance and wandered in search of it. This silk-like delusion exhausted me a lot. But I realized the truth only when I finally came to You. The enchanting fragrance was right here, within my own self, and not elsewhere)

Well, a lot of things are easier said than done, especially good things. But I feel it is better to be inspired at least for a while than to remain unmotivated forever. Okay, at least you sleep well and sound after hearing nice stuff, don't you? (Holds true for me :) )

For patient, interested and curious readers, this is a nice link I recently tumbled upon. From my side, I strongly urge you to visit and READ the contents because the problem addressed is breathtakingly common.

Peace !

No comments: